Happy Spring, everyone! What better way to usher in a new season than to wander through nature and take a look at some of the best ways to enjoy it, especially through the Xeriscape Demonstration Garden!
Guest Post by Joanne Toms, Water Conservation Specialist, Glendale Water Services – email@example.com
1) Bountiful Blooms – See a spectrum of color among the flowers and foliage. Red: Firecracker Penstemon, Fuchsia: Emu Bush, Orange: Mexican Honeysuckle, Yellow: Desert Marigold, Green: Palo Verde, Purple: Texas Mountain Laurel, White: Anacacho Orchid Tree.
2) Curious Cacti – Discover dozens of different cacti species, including some with unique names: Dagger Cholla, Cow’s Horn Cactus, and Queen of the Night.
3) Feathered Friends – From hummingbirds to peafowl, the garden provides critical habitat (e.g. food, shelter, water, and nesting sites) for wildlife in our urban environment.
4) Lovely Library – The four-acre Xeriscape Garden surrounds the Glendale Main Library. Stop in and sign-up for a free library card and check-out a book, DVD, CD, or video game!
5) Nature Nurtures – Numerous studies show that spending just a few moments in the great outdoors is good for you! If you don’t deserve 15-minutes of “me-time” strolling through the garden, who does?
Want to see more? Follow the Glendale Xeriscape Demonstration Garden on Facebook and check out more photos and garden help on Pinterest!